Our superhero!

Our superhero!
Our superhero!

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Tender mercies

As I sit in our hospital room today, I can't help but think about all of the tender mercies our Heavenly Father has given us these last few weeks.

I was able to attend sacrament meeting here at the hospital today. That in itself is a huge tender mercy to me. I don't know of anywhere but Utah that would offer sacrament meeting in a children's hospital. I went downstairs a little nervous that I might be the only one there, but as the meeting began, there were probably around 100 people in attendance. There were a few nurses, and a few  people who work life flight using this as their break from work. There were people who had never attended an LDS meeting before. There were children in wheelchairs, or only in diapers wrapped up in blankets. People from all walks of life, but unified for that moment. The meeting was only 1/2 hour, and I think we heard 5 testimonies, but the Spirit was strong, and the normalcy of being in a church meeting and partaking of the sacrament was extremely comforting. I am grateful for this tender mercy.

After the sacrament, they had a representative come and teach Ehan a short primary lesson, and sing some songs. It was really sweet, and it made him feel special, and still included in church activities. I count this as another huge tender mercy!

Another tender mercy I have been thinking a lot about is how many people are so willing to help us. We have had so many family, friends, and ward member willing to help that our relief society president (and my good friend) told me that the only problem she was having is that there are so many people willing to help!  All of these amazing people are helping care for the kids, bringing meals to my family, visiting us at the hospital, helping with our yard, praying for us, and so many other things! We have felt the love and support from so many people, and this has brought about special moments and feelings of comfort and peace.

One of these special moments came by way of our primary. Last week, all of the primary kids made Ethan cards, and the presidency put together a little gift basket for him. As we read the cards sitting together in his hospital bed, he was so happy that all of the kids were thinking about him, and that they drew pictures of Mickey Mouse :) When we finished the last card, on his own, he started singing primary songs. We sang a few songs together, and then he said " Mommy, I have one more card from Jesus". I asked him what it said, and he told me it said "I love you. I will help you feel better. I love you, Jesus." This was such a sweet moment with my little boy. He has been so strong, and has gone through so much, but he rarely complains, and he has so much faith-even at just 3 years old. It is easy to see why we should all "become as a child".

I have felt my Heavenly Father's love, and His calming presence so much this past week. I am so grateful for the gospel, and the tender mercies that He is so willing to give us, and I am so grateful to each of you who help those tender mercies come about!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. These little kids only know how to live, how to hope. They believe what they learn in church better than we do. They share their testimonies beautifully and simply, the way they should be shared. Prayers and love for this amazing little man.

    ReplyDelete